Yesterday was a day of "Education in Zion." Though we managed to avoid most orientation activities, we still had plenty of lessons to learn:
- Plan more time than needed when grocery shopping. After spending an hour and a half and $100, we learned that we really need to streamline our grocery shopping experience.
- The cuter the clothes and the less on the left ring finger, the cheaper the prices. Literally. The prices go down. JP, a helpful, young, single grocer, was all too willing to cross out the bar code and write in a new, lower price.
- Real maple syrup is expensive. No wonder people buy the fake stuff.
- If you're looking for a husband and a great family atmosphere, Macy's is the place to be. We've never seen so many couples, baby car carriers in shopping carts and giant engagement picture advertisements.
- Holding hands while grocery shopping must strengthen the eternal bond.
- Contrary to popular belief, in the Provo Macy's the cream cheese is NOT located by the butter. It does in fact have its own cream cheese section on aisle 10.
- If you keep seeing the same young, single college student over and over, he may think there is something going on between you.
- Babies are big here. We knew that already, but the whole aisle dedicated to them really confirmed it for us. The amount of young children we see continues to blow our minds.
- At 6:30 on a friday night, you are guaranteed to get the last stall in the parking lot.
- You can't fry eggs without a spatula.
- No matter how you look at it, bermuda shorts are always uncomfortable and unflattering.
- Dozens of talented musicians practicing in the same hallway makes for quite the ear-piercing cacophony.
- It is a good decision not to wear the neon plastic wristbands that instantly scream out, "I'm a freshman!! Wanna go to the creamery and play some games on the grass?!"
- There is not a restaurant in town that doesn't have a wait at 1:30 in the afternoon. You're better off with a pb & j.
- Walking through the dark BYU campus late at night can be "dangerous." We know this because of the posted signs.
The college life. You learn something new every day.
"Anything tastes good if you smother it in enough peanut butter and honey."
we love that---taylor & taylor.